Merriam-Webster's Dictionary and Thesaurus combines the meanings, pronunciations, and grammatical information of a dictionary with the synonyms and antonyms of a thesaurus. Dictionary and thesaurus entries are integrated for ease of use.
* Nearly 60,000 dictionary entries cover the most frequently used words in the language
* More than 13,000 thesaurus entries include synonym lists and antonyms and feature 500 new entries covering new vocabulary
* Dictionary and thesaurus entries are combined alphabetically
* Abundant usage examples clarify core meanings
* 3,000 etymologies explain word origins
* Clear and concise word guidance from Merriam-Webster's permanent staff of professional lexicographers
* Based on the best-selling Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary